Enrollment Process for IHSS Care Providers in Modoc County
To enroll as an IHSS Care Provider you must complete the following steps
1. State law requires that all In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Care Providers go through an enrollment process and pass a background check from the Department of Justice (DOJ) to be eligible for payment from the IHSS program. Contact Alturas Police Department at 200 W. North Street 530-233-2011 (non-emergency) 530-233-4105 (fax) or Modoc County Sheriff’s Office at 102 S Court Street 530-233-4416 for an appointment for your fingerprints
- Pick an available date to come to the IHSS Public Authority Office (T.E.A.C.H.) to attend an orientation, sign required forms, have your photo ID and Social Security card scanned and be fingerprinted (cost, $15 dollars).
- Keep the completed copy of the Live Scan Form and return it to the the IHSS Public Authority (T.E.A.C.H)
2. Visit the Enrollment website by clicking on the “Continue to Enrollment” icon at the bottom of this page. At this website, you will:
- Create an account: Make sure to write down your username, password and security questions (these are case sensitive)
- Fill in your personal information
- Watch the mandatory enrollment videos
3. Go to the IHSS Public Authority office (T.E.A.C.H) on the date and time you have confirmed on the enrollment website.
** We recommend arriving 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
Please, no children and no pets allowed.**
- Bring your original Social Security card – copies are NOT accepted. (IMPORTANT: If your SS card has any of the following statements “NOT VALID FOR EMPLOYMENT” “VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH INS AUTHORIZATION” “VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION” please bring your work permit, green card, etc. with you.)
- Bring your current valid Driver’s License or U.S. Government issued photo ID